The SND5400 is designed for the airport market and other large-scale users. It economically melts 180 tons of snow per hour (based on latent heat of ice). The SND5400 has been engineered for low maintenance and ease of operation. If one of the six burners should go down during operation, the Snow Dragon will continue to melt snow, even while maintenance is being performed on the shut down burner. The melting hopper is 32' long with an 18' active area for dumping snow. The SND5400 is available as a mobile unit powered by diesel fuel, or as a stationary unit fueled by diesel oil or natural gas. With the Snow Dragon SND5400, you eliminate the security risks associated with hauling snow from the airport property.
- 180 ton rated capacity per hour (Based on Latent Heat of Ice)
- No 2 Fuel Oil or Diesel Fuel Type, Jet A Fuel
- Propane, and Natural Gas available for stationary units
- Fuel storage capacity of 3,000 US gallons
- Burner Output at 54,000,000 btu/hr
- Measures 68' long x 11'6" wide x 12'4" high
Download the SND5400 Literature and Specification Sheet or view the SND5400 Image Gallery for additional pictures.